Tuesday 29 March 2011

Do you ever have it when you find yourself making something, absentmindedly pulling ingredients down from shelves, putting a pan on the hob, humming to yourself and suddenly realising you have chocolate all over your hands?

This afternoon I was reading for my essay (read: listening to Nouvelle Vague and reading Paris Weekends) when I just got up, wandered downstairs and started making things.

First, I grated milk chocolate and dark chocolate.



Heated some milk on the aga.



Added the grated chocolate.


I decided to add lumps of chocolate, to make the mixture creamier and thicker (also grating was taking ages and getting chocolate everywhere).


Then I added a pinch of nutmeg, of cinnamon and of ginger, and about 2 teaspoons of dark soft brown sugar.




 Now, this is real hot chocolate. And now I have melted chocolate all over my camera.


1 comment: