Tuesday 19 April 2011

doors part one

So you may find this hugely boring, but I've got a thing about doors. This will be the first part of a photographic series about some beautiful doors that I saw and snapped whilst in Paris. Paris has some excellent doors.

This one was near St Sulpice, I can't remember exactly which rue.


Montmartre. You can see me taking the photo in the reflective surface. Now, who's ever seen a mirror on a door?

The Latin Quarter, near the pantheon - rue Laplace perhaps? - dilapidated, peeling paint: lovely.


La Banque de France. Nicolas day.



And the first door I ever really took notice of in Paris: the door to Hemingway's old apartment on the rue Cardinal Lemoine.

 

 Update, 22nd April: It would appear that I am not the first to have thought of this - http://www.ipreferparis.net/2011/04/door-of-the-month-5-rue-bonaparte.html. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment